Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Selling myself

Well... it's true. My owners are putting me on the market. I'm a bit disappointed in them, but they assure me that they'll miss me tremendously and that it is with mixed emotions that they're doing this. I'll miss them so much. They've taken such great care of me and given me so many upgrades. But, they tell me that there's someone else out there who will appreciate me even more.

And here's the thing. I KNOW I'm special. Everyone knows it. But it's still hard to be let go like this.

I suppose as soon as we have the first open house (this Sunday, August 10th) I'll feel better as people go gaga over me. And they will. I'm sure of it. I'll be using this blog to post information about the sale and how you can come see me and all that.

Apparently my owners are still finalizing everything, but they do plan on having the first open house on Sunday, August 10th (not sure of the hours,) the first Realtors tour on Tuesday during the day and a Tuesday Twilight Open house to dazzle everyone with my brilliance on Tuesday, August 12th in the evening. More details to come.

For now, here's a little description of all that I am:

A stunning mid-century modern view home in the Silver Lake Hills

This 1958 Mid-Century Modern 3 + 1.75 + bonus room and detached garage is situated on a street-to-street lot in the Silver Lake Hills and features Million dollar Panoramic views of Griffith Park, Griffith Park Observatory, Hollywood Sign, San Gabriel Mountains, Treetop, City Lights, Surrounding Silver Lake Hills, Beautiful sunrise, sunsets and moonrise views, Mid-Century Modern architecture, open concept kitchen/living/dining room, beautiful hardwood floors throughout, lots of light, brand new designer kitchen with Caesar Stone countertops and a large island/breakfast bar, high-end appliances, a 40 foot long balcony that spans the length of the house, a large original wood burning brick fireplace, brand new closets and a fabulous outdoor oasis with architectural drought-resistant landscaping, built-in lighting, Weathermatic Irrigation System, perfect for entertaining including built-in grill and concrete seating, beautiful fire pit and bamboo fencing. Walking distance to the Red Lion, Gingergrass, Silver Lake Wine Store, Starbucks, Ralph's, The Coffee Table and the new (currently in progress) Silver Lake library!! Near the 2 and the 5, minutes from Elysian Park, Dodger Stadium and a ten-minute drive to downtown, Eagle Rock, Glendale and Pasadena.


PRICE? Well, you'll have to check back to find out. Like I said, this is all very preliminary. But if I had my wish I wouldn't let them sell me off for less than one million dollars. That's what I'm worth. But, not in this market, they say. So someone is going to get me for a song. Could it be you?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: