Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Halloween Costume





Feliz Dia de los Muertos! It's the first of November and I'm recovering from my night of Halloween entertaining. I went as a SPOOKY house for Halloween. There wasn't much in the budget for my costume so we went with atmosphere. How was the spooky accomplished?

1. Multimedia. Why not let the classic scary films do all the work for me? That's what I thought. So I borrowed two digital projectors from friends and projected scary movies. In the living room the classic "Psycho" was projected onto my ceiling. The second projector was placed in the bedroom and projected out onto the exterior wall by the bbq. For that one, the movies rotated between "The Nightmare Before Christmas," "An American Werewolf in London," and "Young Frankenstein." The movies added so much atmosphere.

2. Candles. Lots of them. Spooky.

3. A smoke machine. I borrowed this too. It was cool when my owners remembered to use it. You give them one job and.... well, you know. If you want something done you gotta do it yourself.

I also got three orange paper lanterns from a store in Chinatown that added to the Halloween ambiance. And the dark and stormy Los Angeles sky certainly helped with mood. (I can't take credit for that.)

Enjoy the pictures!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: