Friday, October 10, 2008

My Debut on Apartment Therapy LA!


BREAKING NEWS!!

Yours truly is a featured House Tour on Apartment Therapy LA today. And people love me! Thank you to the Apartment Therapy readers who have left lovely comments about me.

How did this happen? Well, when I started my blog, I contacted Apartment Therapy just to say hello. You know. Hello, I'm a house and I started my own blog. Anyway, Gregory Han wrote back to say, "Cool blog. Would you be interested in a house tour?" It was as simple as that. Two weeks ago Gregory (who happens to live in Silver Lake) came to see me and took lots and lots of photos. He has a wonderful eye and his photos, if I may say, are simply delicious. I especially like the close up of the Little Red Riding Hood cookie jar head. (A story for another day.)

Here is what Gregory writes about his visit to 2471 Silver Ridge:

"Sitting ontop of winding section of Silver Lake known as Silver Ridge, the home of nearby neighbors Stephanie and Bob Walker affords the couple a near 180 degree view of Los Angeles that stretches from the Hollywood Sign across to nearby Glendale, and all the way to the eastern most San Gabriel Mountains. Although the home is modest in size by modern standards, the home feels expansive thanks to the open floor plan, a liberal amount of large windows and the thoughtful placement of furnishings that are all accentuated by individual colour schemes for each room that runs the gamut from bold and graphical to subtle and soothing." - Gregory Han (AT LA)


House Tour: Stephanie & Bob's Silver Ridge Sanctuary - Apartment Therapy LA

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

N. said...

Hi - I saw your house tour on AT and I just wanted to tell you how homey and comfortable it looks. Your friends and family are so lucky to be able to visit you!

I love your couch - is it graphite in color or espresso? I'm thinking the former and if so, please please tell me where you got it. I must have a couch like it, lol.