Monday, September 1, 2008

Color Inspiration in a bag of beans


When the glass back splash originally planned for the kitchen turned out to be a bit too pricey, Rebecca (the designer) suggested a brightly colored back splash created with high gloss paint (easy to clean.)

The color chosen was inspired by a bag of Black Cat Espresso beans by Intelligentsia Coffee that my owner (an Intelligentsia enthusiast) had left out on the counter for aesthetic reasons.

"I just love the bright color of the packaging and how it looks on the counter," said my owner.
"Why don't we paint the back splash that color, then," replied Rebecca.
"That color? Really?" said my owner.
"Yes!"

And so they did. A good move, if I may say. Such a bold, happy color inspires great creativity. A good thing for a kitchen.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: